Friday, April 22, 2011

Pittsburg State University GRADUATION!

With only a few weeks until graduation, I am more excited than ever to post my announcements.  After learning the company provided my the school was charging an outrageous $75 for 25 classy invites, I immediately started playing with my own ideas.  Of course, with my strange addiction to typography, I began to design my ultimate concept. I knew it would be most economically beneficial to just work with a simple post card layout.  I went with an offset stock to allow for a nice gloss touch on the front, but a matte pen friendly back.

SECOND RUNNER UP
This version of the invitation was something I had been thinking about for awhile.  I new once I got my idea on the screen there would be some detailed editing I would need to incorporate.  Although it was a blast to utilize symbols and shapes, it was a little too simple and a lot too childish for the college graduation announcement I was seeking.

FIRST RUNNER UP
 The edgy appeal and artistic features of this card was a little more what I was looking for. Although, with this invite, along with the previous, I was not fully catching the PSU Graduation concept.  It was a fresh design from my previous work, but something was still not quite right.



WINNER
The following card conveyed all the aspects I was looking for in a grad announcement.  My love of typography, a clean fresh palette, and a simple play on the PSU colors allowed for me to display all activities  I participated in during the past four year, as well as my graphic personality. The font used in this design, as well as the last was BEBAS.  I had fallen in love with the strong, modern san-serif a few months ago this was the perfect opportunity to implement it. Pittcraft Printing helped immensely as I am still a little more unfamiliar with stocks than I should be. (Don't tell Doug.)  :)



 


No comments:

Post a Comment