Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Kansas City Career Day Visits

As Vice President of the PR and AD Club, one of my responsibilities is coordinating company day tours in the Kansas City area.  This year we had the opportunity to visit Two West, Nicholson Kovac, Ink Inc. and Gear for Sports.

Every company had special aspects that peaked interest of each student.  Personally, I was extremely inspired by the company strategies of Two West.  Not only are they a leading advertising agency, they have an anthropology department that focuses on determining what customers really want and how they make buying decisions.

This trendy atmosphere has always been the place of my dream job.  I have been self-conscious about breaking into this difficult industry for years.  But after working with the social media coordinator at Two West on this visit, I was asked to send in my resume for possible consideration in the next hiring stage.  I couldn't be more thrilled!!

Gear for Sports is a collegiate apparel production company that specializes in production from design to shipping.  The design department was remarkable.  Our club members had amble time to ask questions to our accommodating guides Greg and Dana.  Not only did they take us in the depths of the company, but their tips and tricks to job searching has been extremely beneficial these last two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment